Pole Fitness: How It Helps Boost Your Confidence And Self Esteem
Last updated on : March 08 2022
If you feel like you need a confidence boost or are unhappy with your body image, pole fitness may be the perfect solution for you. Pole fitness is a great way to improve your self-confidence and self-esteem.
This article discusses the positive effects of pole fitness on women's mental health. And we will also provide tips for getting started with pole fitness classes.
So, if you are looking for a way to feel better about yourself, look no further than pole fitness.
What Is Pole Fitness and What Are Its Benefits?
Pole fitness is a physical activity that incorporates dancing, gymnastics, and strength training. If you are familiar with pole dancing or exotic dancing, there is not much difference.
As pole dancing is so fun and burns so many calories, it has been growing in popularity as the go-to workout for women who want more freedom when it comes to expressing themselves through movement.
However, pole fitness has become increasingly popular among people of all genders and ages due to its many benefits, such as improving flexibility, balance, and coordination while also burning calories at high rates (upwards of 600-900 per hour depending on intensity level).
What To Expect From A Pole Fitness Class
A typical class will consist of warm-ups followed by various spins around the pole with different grips before ending with cooldowns like stretching or yoga poses designed specifically for pole dancers; these classes usually occur throughout the week.
However, if you are a beginner, it is recommended that you start with just one class per week.
How Can Pole Fitness Help Boost Your Confidence and Self-Esteem?
So, how can pole fitness help boost your confidence and self-esteem?
As mentioned above, pole fitness is a great way to exercise and get in shape. It can also help you feel better about yourself because you become more in tune with your body and can appreciate it and its abilities more.
Pole fitness is also a great way to build confidence because it can help with self-esteem issues like low body image, which we all experience from time to time.
For example, if you are unhappy about your weight or how you look in general, then taking up pole dancing may get rid of these negative thoughts and help you get down to your desired weight.
Pole fitness requires using your core, upper body, and lower body, so you are getting a full-body workout without even knowing it. You will most likely see a decrease in body fat as your fitness level improves.
In addition to this, pole dancing can help improve mental toughness and willpower – two things that are essential for boosting confidence.
The Positive Pole Community
You will find the pole fitness community is incredibly welcoming of all shapes, sizes, and abilities; we encourage each other as well as ourselves!
You are spurred on by other, like-minded individuals, both online and in-person, who are on a similar journey and want to help you along on yours.
According to Inc, it becomes harder to make friends (not that we need a study to remind us). In school and college, we are forced to socialize, but finding people with shared interests becomes more difficult as we get older.
Taking up a hobby is a great way to achieve this, and with pole dancing, you will find that most people in your class are probably there for the same reasons as you: to have fun, get fit, socialize, and boost their confidence.
The Benefits of Pole Fitness Are Not Just Physical
We have spoken about the weight loss and fitness aspects.
However, pole fitness has many tremendous benefits that go far beyond just physical health. It can also improve your mental state by helping with self-esteem issues like depression because it lowers stress levels through exercise (which releases endorphins - happy hormones).
When you leave a pole class, your body is physically tired, but you are mentally charged up and ready to take on the world.
Now it's time for some tips about getting started with pole:
Some Tips To Get Started With Pole Fitness
If you are new to the world of pole fitness and have no idea where to start, here are some tips that might help you get started:
- You should find a reputable instructor or local class. Look at their reviews and what people have said about the atmosphere, instructors, and attendees.
- Start with one class per week and work your way up from there.
- Be prepared to be sore - pole dancing is a workout! You will feel pain, and you will be bruised! You've been warned.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in class. The instructor will want you to get the most out of your experience. There is no such thing as a dumb question.
- Remember that it takes time and practice to become good at pole dancing, so don't get discouraged if you don't pick it up straight away.
- Be social. Go in there with a positive attitude and meet new people. Pole dancing can be pretty addictive, so you may find yourself making lots of new friends along the way.
- Join different online pole communities. For instance, the Reddit Pole Community is fantastic, encouraging, and active.
- Journal your progress. Journalling can help you monitor your development over time, and it's a great way to track your achievements.
- Take regular before and after photos. It's incredible how much progress you can make in a short period with pole dancing - look at the transformation pics on Instagram.
- Keep videos of your progress. Video is an easy way to look back at the hard work you put in and see how far you've come!
- Save the moves you want to achieve one day and tick them off as you smash those goals.
- And the most important tip. Have fun. Pole dancing can be a great way to relieve stress, boost your confidence, and meet new people - so enjoy yourself.
Don't Want To Join A Class Just Yet?
If you don't feel like joining a class right away, that's fine. You can start exactly where you are - at home.
With the abundance of Youtube tutorials and online classes, you can install a portable dance pole at home and practice if and when you feel like it.
You can pop up and down portable poles within minutes, so you do not need to worry about committing to having some considerable obstruction in your living area that you have to explain to guests!
The Wrap Up
I hope you now know more about the wonderful world of pole fitness and the benefits it can have on your confidence, body image, and self-esteem.
If you are thinking about giving it a go, I highly recommend researching reputable instructors and classes in your area.
Start with one class per week and work your way up; Pole dancing is a great workout, so be prepared to be sore and bruised! And most importantly, have fun!
Don't Forget To Share On Pinterest
- All About Fitness Nutrition
- Healthy Eating - How To Do It
- How Exercise Boosts Your Immune System
- Foods and Activities to Include on Your Workout Recovery Days
- What Makes Nutrition the Most Important Aspect of a Fitness Routine
The Kewl Shop
The Kewl Shop is a blog. We write about all things lifestyle with a strong focus on relationships, self-love, beauty, fitness, and health. Important stuff that every modern woman or man needs to know.
Editor: Charles Fitzgerald