How to Get Shiny Hair and Sexy Tresses
Posted on February 25 2016
Every woman desires healthy and shiny tresses. Donning the perfect bandage dress and pairing it with statement accessories is only the beginning of sexy and chic style in the 21st century.
Alongside glowing skin and quality trendy apparel the state of your hair is an outward sign of your eating habits, hygiene regime, and more. Every cell in your body, including the ones your hair are made of, requires a consistent and steady supply of nutrients. For healthy, tameable hair begin loading up on nutritious superfoods, these are usually plant based and provide easy to digest nutrients that readily transform each strand of your hair.
Say goodbye to dull and straggly tresses within a few weeks by following this simple guide on how to maintain healthy and shiny hair all year long. Our tips are centered on all natural wellness. These holistic approaches are sure to improve your hair strand by strand as well as keep your skin healthy, strengthen your nails, and even may add a gleam to your eyes.
Best Foods to Eat for Shiny and Healthy Hair
For optimum hair care, you must consume a diet that includes all major food groups as well as the right vitamins and minerals. For example, a protein deficiency or a diet that is low in iron may lead to anemia which may result in excessive hair loss. On the other hand, a diet that is rich in protein but low in vegetables and fruits may also result in hair loss due to a lack of essential nutrients.
Aim for a balanced diet that covers all corners and levels of the food pyramid. Remember that foods each serve a distinct purpose and naturally support the various functions of your body based on their individual properties. Below we break down the types of superfood and what to expect from consuming them on a regular basis.
Antioxidants for soft hair
Free radicals in the air, exposure to the sun, and over-drying with a blow-dryer result in hair that is often rough, easily tangled, and dull. The optimum solution for getting softer hair is to load up on antioxidants. Dark colored fruits such as blackberries, blueberries, pomegranate, and cherries contain polyphenols that soften your hair. Polyphenols also provides the body with a secure line of defence against degenerative diseases such as cancer or cardiovascular diseases.
Biotin for strong hair
Studies show that patients who have more biotin in their diet are less prone to hair problems such as breakage. Foods such as eggs, salmon, and avocado are ideal for ensuring you are getting a balanced diet. Biotin is a variety of vitamin B and is also sold as vitamin B7, biotine, and coenzyme R. Biotin is essential for your body and helps promote healthy and strong skin while also supporting the proper functions of your nervous system.
Vitamin C for hair growth
In healthy individuals, it takes a month for hair to grow a centimeter. If your levels of vitamin C intake is lower than the recommended RDA of 75mg, chances are that your hair likely takes much longer than that to grow a centimeter. Consider adding fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, and strawberries to your diet to increase your vitamin C intake.
Proteins for thick hair
Hair is made of protein. To ensure strong and healthy hair you must consume adequate amounts of healthy proteins in your diet. This includes chicken, turkey, eggs, dairy products, fish, oysters, as well as kidney beans, nuts, and legumes.
Natural Hair Treatments
Shiny and sexy tresses are a key component of any beauty regime. Deep conditioning or moisturizing your hair is recommended at least once a month. Ironically, many of the superfoods you consume to manage and condition your hair are some of the same foods you are able to apply topically as well.
These superfoods give your hair a noticeable sheen and strength. In addition to being powerful hair treatments these holistic approaches to hair conditioning are also very affordable. Most of these hair masks are easily made in the comfort of your home and with ingredients that you are likely to find in your kitchen.
Applying these masks just once a week supports shiny and sexy tresses that you are able to eagerly show off. Apply the mask, light a few therapeutic candles, and relax in your bathtub while it works its magic – you deserve the pampering.
There are many benefits of using aloe vera gel on your skin but what about your hair? What many people do not know is that aloe vera is also a great treatment option to get smooth and shiny hair.
To make a hair mask from aloe vera, all you need is one teaspoon of almond oil and the gel from one aloe vera leaf. Cut the leaf down the middle to extract the gel. Mix the gel with the almond oil, and apply the mask to your hair directly. Cover your head with a polyethylene cap, and let it set for at least 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture out of your hair with warm water. Style as desired and enjoy clean, shiny, and smooth tresses.
One of the most nutritious fruits is a banana. It contains a high quantity of necessary potassium and is easily digested.
Bananas are not just tasty treats but are also viable options for treating dandruff. To create this hair mask begin by mashing a fresh banana with one teaspoon of honey and apply this mixture to your hair and scalp. Allow the mask to set for 20 to 25 minutes. Rinse the mask out with warm water. Not only does this treat dandruff but the banana and honey mixture is also known to give you more volume alongside shine.
If you think avocados are only good for guacamole, think again. This exotic fruit is perfect for nourishing your hair through topical treatment masks.
Mix the flesh of one ripe avocado with an egg, a teaspoon of honey, and teaspoon of olive oil. Once the mixture is of a smooth consistency, apply it all over your hair from roots to the tips. Let your hair set in all the goodness for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse the mask away with warm water.
We've attached a little infographic for easy reference below which you are free to use provided you provide credit back to this article...
Haircare Tips to Fight Damage Caused by Over Processing
Your hair is constantly exposed to the sun, chemical treatments, inadequate diet, hormonal changes, washing hair with hard water, and more. These environmental changes affect its strength, manageability, and shine.
It is best to reconstruct and rebuild your hair follicles in conjunction with healthy eating. Prior to doing anything to start treating your hair and pursuing sexy tresses you have to begin to recondition and reconstruct your hair. Here are a handful of tips to reconstruct your hair at home. For more severely damaged hair consult a hair stylists.
- Condition! Condition! Condition! There really is no getting around properly conditioning your hair. While there are many “reputed” conditioners out there, ensure that you are choosing one that has plenty of proteins and moisture enhancing compounds. It is also important to choose a conditioner that is pH balanced. In order for restore proper moisture balance to your hair leave the conditioner on the tips of your hair for at least 3-4 minutes before you rinse. This ensures that your tresses receive the conditioning and moisturizing it requires.
- Keep away from chemical treatments and styling tools as much as possible. Blow-dryers, straighteners, and hair curlers are recommended for special occasions and should be used sporadically through the week. Excessive use of hair styling tools and chemical treatments such as dyes, perms, and relaxers regularly damage your hair and cause it to be brittle and difficult to manage.
- Opt for fingers instead of brushes. One of the best ways to get smoother tresses is to run your fingers through your wet hair when you need to detangle it prior to using a brush. If you are using a comb be sure to choose a wide-toothed comb to limit breakage particularly while your hair is wet.
- Apply a lightweight serum to provide your hair with the moisture it needs. Your hair is weaker when it is wet. Restore your hair’s natural resistance by using a serum that contains moisturizing components such as argan oil, shea butter, olive oil, or glycerin. This serves to strengthen your hair but also assists in managing frizz and preventing split ends.
- Shampoo every other day. Do not take your haircare routine too far by shampooing every day. Along with dirt and grime, shampoo also removes natural oils from your scalp. If you shampoo your hair excessively your scalp may become dry and make it prone to flaking and frizz.
- Get a trim once every 6 weeks. Cutting your hair regularly is the best way to grow it. Trimming may sound counter-effective but it is not. The truth is that trimming helps remove the unhealthy parts of your hair, which in turn, boosts your hair growth.
- Opt for a haircut that suits the shape of your face. Depending on the shape of your face, visit a stylist to get a haircut that accentuates your best features. For example, a round or pear shaped face is best complemented with a layered look with steep edges. A strategic and stylish hair cut also adds the right amount of volume and bulk to your tresses as well.
We'd love to hear about any haircare tips you use, tell us in a comment below.
We all fell in love with Kim Kardashian in 2007 and we’ve been loving her eve...
A bandage dress is one piece of clothing that every woman needs in her wardro...
We all love to wear leggings because they are seriously versatile, whether fo...
With celebs like Kim Kardashian and Jessica Alba swearing by waist trainers, ...
Looking sexy is not just about throwing on an amazing bandage dress that ever...
Do you want to work out but keep postponing it? Are you always looking for re...
Are you tired of diets that do not show any results? Do you find it difficult...
We love everything celebrity inspired at The Kewl Shop. So we decided to take...
Today, quick fixes are available for almost everything, right from ab workout...